Monday, August 31, 2009

Finished.....

I tell you, the title of this blog is going to be a recurring one. I have so many quilt tops that need to be finished and I can't help but start new ones as I see new ideas, buy more fabric..... I have a problem!

The way I see it, I will never catch up. I work 40+ hours a week outside the home, I have a little person who I want to spend mega amounts of time with, I have a hubby who if often neglected and I have about 16 quilt tops to complete..... if I live to be 173 I will never ever ever catch up. Now don't think I'm complaining, I love the constant chasing my tail..... honestly I do. Am I alone in feeling this way??

Anyway, here's one I finished for my lovely Aunty Bev. This one is machine pieced, and hand quilted it with circles. It took FOREVER, but it was worth it, she loved it. I choose a gorgeous butterflies and ladybugs fabric called Woodsy wonders by Janet Wecker-Frisch for this one. Aunty Bev's daughter, Vanessa, died a while back - (There is a genus of butterfly called 'Vanessa') My aunt understood the significance of the fabric choice and the circle quilting.

The owner of one of my favorite shops, GJ's Discount Fabrics (Lygon St, Brunswick, Melbourne), Georgina, showed me some awesome fabrics she was going to order way way back months ago, well, they are about 6 weeks away now.... I love them. I know they are so very different to my usual Amy Butler, Heather Bailey standard, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment