Monday, March 15, 2010

Addicted to hexies


We went away to Tocumwal last the weekend and I was really annoyed about all the wasted time in the car without a quilt ready to bind, so I thought I would try my hand at paper piecing 1" hexagons. I printed out hundreds, I cut them all out, got all my scraps ready and proceeded to make about 500 hexies over the weekend..... I can't stop..... every lunch break at work I eat my lunch then start on my hexies.... my GenY workmates think it's hysterical....
Thanks to Simon Scoggins, for the inspiration!!


My self-imposed fabric diet meant that I might miss out on 'Plume' by Tula Pink. But a diet is a diet and I need to save for my overseas trip in October where I will be able to buy fabric to my heart's content..... Anyway, I found (yes 'found') $37 in my Paypal account and with Kelani Fabrics free postage offer, I knew I could get at least a couple of bits and pieces from the Plume range. Isn't it magnificant?

Bye for now, I'm off to do more hexies..... xx

No comments:

Post a Comment