Monday, March 8, 2010

An Owly Week


Recently I picked up this very cute fabric, 'Spotted Owl' by Alexander Henry. As a number of my girlfriends are currently pregnant, I knew I wanted to make a cot quilt with this adorable find.

When it came time to work out what to do I actually couldn't bare to cut it, so I did a simple whole cloth quilt, (which I never do), but I tell you what, I'm pretty happy with it! The small border is a stone washed orange fabric find and the larger border is a lime spot.

I love how quickly I was able to finish this. I quilted it with inch wide diagonal lines, this was super easy, made with the same amount of love and better still, it's another finished (albeit tiny) quilt!


The other owl in our house is Hoot. My son loves 'Giggle and Hoot' on ABC. This is a child who wants me to make clothes for his guinea pigs... outfits like Alvin and the Chipmunks. The only way I got out of making those darn clothes was by making something that resembles 'Hoot'. Thankfully since Hoot arrived in our house, the guinea pig wardrobe has not been mentioned again...... yet.



Lastly, and this has nothing to do with owls, Happy Birthday to my baby sister who turns 35 today! She was born at 25 weeks and weighed a little less than a pound and a half (660 kilograms). During lunch today Mum mentioned that she would sometimes dress this tiny baby in dolls clothes, there just wasn't the tiny premmie clothing around. She was our little miracle baby. Happy Birthday Macca xx

No comments:

Post a Comment