Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Some things are too precious to part with.....

I have had some pieces from Tula Pink's 'Nest' range on eBay for the past few days and every time my sister gave us all an update on our eBay sales I would see my beautiful Tula Pink on the list and nearly cry. I don't need to sell it, so I had it removed..... urghhhh, I am never going to put a dent in this stash.

Did you know that some people only buy fabric with a particular project in mind.... isn't that amazing? I thought everyone just bought as much fabric that they can afford.... ha.

Anyway, long story short I have an evening to myself, so I am trawlling sites looking for a project for my beautiful Nest fabric, my beautiful fabric that I almost let go in my moment of madness.

So, I have calculated that if I live to 113 I should be able to finish all my UFOs and utilise my stash. Easy.

One more cool thing before I go.... I found this whilst surfing, V & A Museum Patchwork Pattern Maker

I spent way too long mucking around on this

4 comments:

  1. I am really glad that you have decided to keep this! Even if I did have my sights set on it! : )
    Can't wait to see your quilt! Half square triangles are super easy, You'll be able to finish this real quick ; )
    You don't have to use all of your stash, think of it as a protective layer for your shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband often wishes that I buy fabric with a project in mind, but I never do. I always find fabric that entertains my imagination and it might sit there for 6 months before I get around to actually doing something with it.

    As for that quilt, how gorgeous is that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that V&A patchwork maker! I too wasted an hour on that. Did you upload any pics?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Patchwork Pattern maker is amazing! I had never seen it before and What a gorgeous quilt, it might just be perfect for a bundle of fabric that I have my eye on!

    ReplyDelete