Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Jesus and the Loch Ness Monster

Baby Fitz said something that made me laugh today. He goes to a Christian School where they obviously do a lot of religious instruction. He asked me, "Mumma, is Jesus like the Loch Ness Monster?"...... "Um, I'm not sure what you mean" I say. My mind was racing trying to find the link.... He says "Well, I think he is, because some people believe in him and some people don't". I think this is a very good analogy for a 6 year old. Then he says "I mean really, a guy who lives in the sky... come on!"

Okay, what on earth can I say to that, I was still back at the part where my child was comparing Jesus to the Loch Ness Monster? (You should know that I am not religious at all in any way shape or form). I think I said something about it being really wonderful that people can have differing views and make up their own minds about things like Jesus. I am wondering, however, what the answer will be if he asks one of his teachers this question. Oh to be a fly on the wall...... very interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, you just tell him he has to have faith, I've got great faith the Loch Ness Monster exists....from there on, everything else is easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that you have a blog label "Jesus and Loch Ness", I'm looking forward to reading more entries in this category ;)

    I've found some real gems at Spotlight recently too, modern and stylish and yes, cheap. Lovely to meet you in person today, and thanks for the loan of the pattern!

    ReplyDelete