Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Sea Breeze Quilters

Wendy and I went off to a general meeting of the Sea Breeze Quilters today and it was awesome!!  I've known about this group for a while, but it's never been the right time to join.   Both Wendy and I will definitely join now. The ladies are all so friendly and welcoming.  We had a great time and saw some amazingly brilliant quilts.

Their president, Kim, invited me up to speak about the Melbourne Modern Quilt Guild which was great.  The two groups are very different.  Sea Breeze has been running for a while and they are very organised, they run quilt shows and they have competitions, monthly stitchlotto and door prizes.... quite amazing.  MMQG are newly formed and still finding it's feet, working out what members really want.


Whatever group you are part of, I hope you enjoy it.  It is so lovely being part of a quilting community.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment