Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Finished just in time....

Today is my little man's last day of school..... I know, it's only the 8th of December.  In the 70's we didn't start Christmas holidays until much much much closer to the 25th.  Anyway, today is the last day of school and as I leave everything to the last possible minute I only just completed his teacher's Christmas present last night.

Everything that could go wrong with this quilt did go wrong.  My ever faithful, always reliable machine, started to play up and the tension of some of the stitches was wonky wonky...... pulled them out, started again, more time delay.  The binding didn't catch when I sewed it on.... this never happens to me, it did this time.  Then to make matters worse, whilst hand sewing the binding down I pricked my finger so hard I almost touched the bone.  I was so stunned with pain I didn't move my finger quickly enough and a droplet of blood found it's way onto the beautiful lined backing.  Scrub scrub scrub.... more time delay.

It all worked out in the end and I am sure she will love it!  My little boy wrote her a note and I scanned it onto the quilt label, v. cute.
 
 

All packed up ready to go!

2 comments:

  1. What a marathon! But well worth all those delays.
    It's a gorgeous gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an amazing present mate! Well done!
    Love the label idea!
    Hey you now your spit gets rid of your own blood yeah? Kinda gross but it does work.

    ReplyDelete