Saturday, March 5, 2011

I found my quilty mojo.......

I've been down for a couple of months, not interested in much, not even quilting..... I know, awful huh!  Anyway, things are getting a whole lot better and much more enjoyable and I have found my quilty mojo, right where I left it...... Phew!!


I have looked at the Curlicue Crush on Bec's blog, Chasing Cottons over the past few weeks and I have ummed and ahhhed about ordering the pattern.... if I ordered it, I would have to make it and that seemed too hard to contemplate.


Well I ordered the pattern the other night, got the PDF (I love downloadable patterns so much), and have cut out about half of the requirements.  I'm loving it so far!  I'm using a mix various French General ranges - some I've been collecting for a while, others I have only bought today from Essendon Patchwork. Not my usual colour combos, but it will suit our place, lots of red, taupe, creams.  


_____________________________________________________

By the way, common behaviours associated with depression include:

  • moodiness that is out of character
  • increased irritability and frustration
  • spending less time with friends and family
  • loss of interest in food, sex, exercise or other pleasurable activities 
  • being awake throughout the night
  • staying home from work or school
  • increased physical health complaints like fatigue or pain
  • slowing down of thoughts and actions.

If you think you might need some help, go to the Beyond Blue website for more info.

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful quilt in the making.
    Sending many warm and happy wishes!
    Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh its looking gorgeous!! I cant wait to see it put together...I hope your feeling a little brighter... and i Hope you can find healing in sewing... i have. It helped give me something fun and exciting to think about instead of feeling sad and being overwhelmed by grief.... Your quilt is beautiful in these colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh....and you should add this picture to my flickr group!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heres the link...
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/chasingcottons/pool/

    xxx bec xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks amazing Adele - I can't imagine cutting all those curves! I have also struggled with depression and know how hard it is to pull yourself out of the mire (meds and a great talk therapist keep me mostly on the straight and narrow). Sorry you've had a tough time and hope things continue to improve. Look forward to seeing this gorgeous top at QG sometime!

    ReplyDelete