Friday, April 22, 2011

My Dad's quilt

My Dad is pretty awesome, he is always there when you need him.  He is a great Dad, a fantastic Grandad and a wonderful friend.

Every time I give my Mum, my son, my husband, one of my sisters, or my nephew, a friend or a neighbour (you get the idea) a quilt, he asks with a smile, "Where's my quilt?" and I always reply "Oh yeah, I'm still making that".  I didn't ever think he would want a quilt, but the last time he said it I realised he might be serious..... so here it is... almost finished.  I will baste and quilt it before the Easter break is over!

This is my version of Jaybird Quilts 'Unwind'.  




hmmmm... I might have to piece this back a little more, I'm not sure it is wide enough.... my tape measure obviously wasn't working when I measured it.... :)

3 comments:

  1. It's Fabulous & I'm sure your Dad will be Thrilled that he Finally has his own...
    well done
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, stunning quilt! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an awesome Man quilt mate!
    I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete